Wednesday, September 19, 2012

News, Blues, and Good News!

Well, it has been a most interesting two months, to say the least!

I spent July 15 to August 12 in Michigan at AFM student missionary training. To say that it was a blessing is an understatement. I learned so much valuable information that has challenged the way I look at many things, especially my own worldview. We (the other SM's and I) built some very close friendships as we went through challenging times together, shared our vulnerabilities, and listened and encouraged one another. It is an experience I will never forget, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in mission work!

These 5 weeks after training, however, have been excruciating. Hope, doubt, fear, and excitement intermittently plague my thoughts. Unexpected circumstances have arisen, delays teased me, and goodbyes saddened me. Yet, I've also savored every extra moment with family and friends, and in devotional time with God (which may be limited in the near future). In all this, God has been teaching to me wait on Him - that His timing is not always what we think it should be, and to thank Him for the unexpected blessings arising from delays.

It looks like things are finally moving forward now. When I came home this evening, a FedEx package was waiting for me at the door - my VISA! :D That means my ticket can now be purchased, and very soon I will be plunged into a new life - the life of a homeschool teacher in Thailand! I can hardly wait to meet my family there and get to know my students. :) Please pray that God will give me the wisdom I need, and that He will use my example to guide these precious boys closer to Him.

Until next time (I promise it won't be two months again),

~Rachel~

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Rachel! Blessings on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last! I am praying for you and know you are going to be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete