They ushed me toward what looked like a couch/lounge chair (complete with flowered upholstery), with a sink at one end. A girl proceeded to wash and condition my hair for what seemed like an eternity! (I think it was 2 washes and 3 conditioning treatments.) It seemed like she was trying to give me some sort of facial massage at one point, too, but every stroke ended with her fingers shoving suds in my ears. Not very relaxing. =\
That having been completed, I was ushered to the chair where they cut hair. (Just a regular chair, not the type you pump higher with a foot pedal.) There I was waited upon by 2 young ladies with hair dryers, one on each side. (Yes, I had my princess moment.) Then another lady came to do the shearing. A little sign language did wonders, and I was amazed at what a perfect job she was doing on my hair! After 30 minutes, I decided her perfection was maybe just a bit over the top. Would you believe, she spent more than an HOUR in there getting my hair done!!! (It's usually done in 20 minutes when I get it done in the States.) And all that for only $4. Incredible.
Here's my $4 haircut.

Wow, Rachel! You're so brave! I really need a haircut too, but I don't know what salon to trust. There are a lot like the first ones you passed up, and plenty that would charge me an arm and a leg because of my skin color. lol What an adventure! And only $4. wow...
ReplyDeleteI remember the first time I got a haircut in Laos. I was scared, but they actually did a great job that time and every time after. I remember I loved the feeling of bing pampered too haha. Glad haircut turned out well too!
ReplyDeleteNice, I think I will get my hair cut there from now on LOL
ReplyDelete